- Receiving money for arranging a prostitute for someone;
- Soliciting a John for a prostitute;
- Operating, managing or owning an establishment that was made for prostitution, and prostitution is practiced there;
- Inducing someone to the life of prostitution (turning girls out).
In New York State , the Penal Law defines the laws related to Promoting Prostitution, which can be classified as either a misdemeanor or a felony, and punishable by 1 to 25 years in prison. There severity of the charge will depend on:
- How many prostitutes are involved;
- Whether force or coercion was used;
- The age of the prostitutes involved.
J. John Sebastian, Attorney and Counsellor at Law
Former Assistant District Attorney